Myokinetic Bodywork involves restructuring (or re-patterning) the body to be better balanced. Looking at chronic holding patterns like standing on one foot more than the other, we follow short tissue throughout the body to lengthen, retraining your body to stand on both feet equally. “The basic premise of Myokinetic Bodywork is that as a result of slow deep strokes, tissue can be lengthened.”
TYPES OF MASSAGE
SY Bodyworks Specialties
- Improve posture
- Overall higher functioning of systems
- Better joint mobility
Cranial Sacral Therapy
Cranial Sacral Therapy is a gentle hands-on approach. This therapy focuses on the bones of the head, spinal collumn and sacrum, and the underlying structures. The goal of this modality is to release tension in tissue that surrounds and protects the brain and spinal cord.
- Provides the central nervous system an optimal working environment
- Relieve headaches (tension, cluster, migraine)
- Help TMJ dysfunction
- Help stress-related dysfunction
- Improve inner ear problems
Sports massage is targeted to support fitness, help reduce the demands the sport places on the body, increases the ability to perform the sport, and enhance and shorten recovery time.
- Increases circulation to repair micro-tears, assists blood flow, increases material exchange
- Affects the central nervous system by stimulating muscles, decrease tension
- Lengthens tissue to decrease scar tissue and increase range of motion
- Relaxation to decrease tension and stress
Injury rehabilitation/prevention focuses on the soft tissues, following a basic approach to eliminate dysfunction and strengthen the area that supports a successful recovery and reduces the risk of re-injury.
- Speed up the process of recovery
- Prevention of injury/re-injury
- Improve range of motion
- Help with muscle imbalance
Reflexology is the practice of manipulating areas in the feet and hands. These reflex areas correspond to specific body parts and organs.
- Assists in the relaxation of stress and tension
- Helps the body rid of toxins
- Increases circulation of blood and lymph
- Assists in the natural ability of the body to balance itself
- Provides a non-invasive therapy helpful for chronic or acute conditions that may be contraindicated for other therapies